Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sleepless in Art History

I find myself sitting in art history staring blankly at the projection screen. (Side not- art history lectures have to be the worst 2 hours of your life when you are deprived of sleep from the previous night). Why is this class so hard to pay attention in? The content is very interesting...but I just cannot sit still and listen. When DeviantArt, Behance.net, email, Blogger, and Facebook dare call my name and I answer with giving them all, well almost all, of my attention. It has been made obvious there is a reason I am enrolled in creative classes. In math earlier today I fell asleep in the front row. The reason is because it was neither interesting or stimulating.

This is the artwork we discuss in my Italian Renaissance art history class.
What we need to look at is the art history of famous figures such as the crazy-man Mr. Edgar Poe.
Don't get me wrong, I really want to learn the art history behind everything, we just need some bobble-heads in there somewhere.

No comments: